Connect with fellow missionaries year-round:
As a service to the First-Language English-speaking evangelical-missionary community of Guatemala, periodic messages are sent out to those having e-mail addresses in the directory. These messages include information about the Intermissions Conference, embassy notices, items for sale, services available, and other items of interest to the missionary community.
In order to join the Intermission Community, one must meet the following qualifications.
In the case of a couple, at least one spouse must meet all of the following criteria. In the case of a single missionary, he/she must meet all of the following criteria.
- Holds a passport from an Anglosphere country where English is the first language. These countries are the United States, Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, and New Zealand. Applications of missionaries holding passports from other English-speaking countries, will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
- Accountable to an Evangelical Christian mission organization.
- Working in Evangelical Christian mission work in Guatemala.
If you would like to be a part of the Community (email and directory) and have a chance to attend our annual conference, please:
Follow these instructions for NEW memberships:
- First Click here to Create an Account in our Intermissions Membership Database for review.
- Enter all the required information for membership.
- Please remember the Username and Password you enter for your Intermissions Account.
- Login to make any updates/changes throughout the year.
- Plus if you want to attend the Annual Conference, you will Login with this information to Register during Open Registration (Usually between Oct 1st thru Jan 10th).
- One account per family please, to avoid duplications. Duplicates delay approvals
- Your submitted info will be reviewed as soon as time and internet availability allows
Your membership will be pending until reviewed by the committee. You will be notified of your membership status. Check your Junk/Spam folders for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org. If you need approval sooner, you can inform us of your prompt need by contacting us, please send an email to email@example.com.
IF YOU CHOSE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE COMMUNITY EMAIL LIST, READ THIS:
Messages sent to the list will be approved by our moderators and sent out to the entire list. When posting, you must adhere to our Policies and Guidelines for messages. You can receive the messages through your current e-mail address. Responses to a message will go only to the original sender. You will also have access to Links, Files, and Pictures. Only groups members can access these and send messages.
Have You Joined the InterMissions Facebook Page?
We are relying more and more on the InterMissions Guatemala Facebook page for up-to-date communication, dialogue, questions and responses. We realize that not everyone is a fan of Facebook. Some of us may even have a love-hate relationship with it while also finding that the benefits may outweigh the drawbacks.
So having said that, we hope you will think about joining the Intermissions Guatemala Facebook page in order to assure receiving the most up-to-date information for the InterMissions community including information about the yearly InterMissions Family Conference, sales notices, changes in the government’s COVID policies, airport openings, etc.
Simply go to the InterMissions Guatemala Facebook page at:
Once you find the page, ask to join. An administrator of the page will verify that you are an Active Member of InterMissions in order to allow you to join the Facebook group. You must belong to InterMissions in order to join the Facebook group.
Leaving the Community:
If you would like to be removed from any mailings or from the directory, you may make those changes in your Personal Profile online. If for whatever reason you are leaving Guatemala and will no longer be a missionary here, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org